contact details

Donnybrook West Australia

email jackymcfarlane@bigpond.com

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Workshop 23rd June 2011

This workshop called Molten Lava makes me think of lava slowly overflowing a volcano and running down the side.  Of course the colours are different but I do love the way they stand out from the vibrant Cobalt Blue fluid acrylic.  A sparse layer of bead gel covers the blue and is dried, when it is wet it is a white opaque colour but dries clear and the glass beads sparkle.  Pours of Hansa Yellow, Cobalt teal, Ultramarine Violet and Iridescent Bright Gold mmmh yummy colours I also used some yellow Golden Airbrush paint which is thinner than the fluids and this floats between the glass beads giving a ragged edge.  Fun to do, I would like to play more with these mediums but I had a Vintage Fair to run after the June 9th Workshop, very exhausting but quite exhilarating.
If you would like to join this workshop next Thursday email me jackyjohn1@optusnet.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment